Mr. Murtaza Hashim invoking the right under Article 19A of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan read with Section 11 of the Right of Access to Information Act, 2017 has asked information from the office of the Deputy Secretary (Legislation) / Public Information Officer, Senate Secretariat, Parliament House, Islamabad via email firstname.lastname@example.org, request dated 5.1.2021. The detail of the requested information and record is reproduced as under:
- “Total vacant posts in Senate of Pakistan, Senate Secretariat Islamabad in BPS-17 and above nomenclature wise details.
- Certified copy Senate Secretariat (Service) Rules, 2017 along with all schedules (copy available at website did not contain schedule).
- Is there any proposal under consideration or in near future for filling of above noted vacant posts through direct recruitment?
- Gross and net salary paid to Section Officer BPS-17 & 18, Deputy Secretary in Senate of Pakistan, Senate Secretariat Islamabad along with all allowances.
- Allowances admissible to employees of Senate of Pakistan, Senate Secretariat Islamabad in BPS-17, 18 & 19.
- Notification for payment of Bonus paid to employees of Senate of Pakistan, Senate Secretariat Islamabad on eve of budget session conclusion.”
Feeling aggrieved of the non-provision of the requested information and record from the respondent within the stipulated frame of time limit of ten days provided in the Act, he preferred appeal dated 18.01.2021 before the Pakistan Commission on access to information, Islamabad.
This Commission allowed the Appeal and directed the Public Information Officer/ Deputy Secretary (legislation), Senate Secretariat to furnish the appellant the requested information forthwith, but not later than ten working days of the receipt of this order.