The appellant requested the following information:
- “How many people have been hired/appointed on Contract/Project in the Afghan Commissionerate, KP.
- Whether these posts were advertised or not?
- If no advertisement for these posts then what was the criterion to call the candidates and what was merit for selection.
- Whether regional quota and other quota prescribed by Government of Pakistan was observed while appointing these Assistant Directors, RVAs etc?
- Who is the competent authority to appoint Assistant Directors, RVAs etc under the law with quoting specific sections?
- Is it true that the Accountant General of Pakistan Revenues informed the federal government in January 2017 that the post of refugee village administrator had been upgraded to BPS-17 by the Establishment Division with effect from March 31, 1991 and it had asked from Afghan Commissionerate Peshawar that how the recruitment was made in BPS-16 instead of BPS-17?
- Provide Rules, regulations and directives under which RVA has been elevated to the post of additional commissioner despite being the junior most employee.
- Provide Rules under which RVA has been appointed the District administrator.
- Why most of the new recruits belong to Bannu, Lakki Marwat, Mardan and Dera Ismail Khan. Why no representation from other districts of KP. Provide names, designation, date of appointment and union council name of recruit belong to aforementioned cities on contract, project, daily wage fixed pay etc?
- Why the Federal Public Service Commission has been bypassed and no advertisements were placed in newspapers.
- Why quotas for women, minorities and disabled persons were not observed.
- What is the budgetary allocation for carrying an advertisement in the newspapers for any post in CAR.
- Provide the correspondence between the Afghan Commissionerate and NAB regarding corruption in procurement of machinery/illegal appointments etc.”
The notice of the Commission was responded by Assistant Commissioner (Admin). The exact same information was provided by this commissionerate letters dated 2.12.2020, 10.2.2021, & 22.2.2021 placed at F/A, F/B & F/C respectively. Moreover, a hearing on dated 11.3 2021 was also attended before the Pakistan Information Commission, Islamabad bearing appeal No. 725-11/20 (Muhammad Naeem vs Commissionerate Afghan Refugees, KP).
No regional quotas are applicable on these project positions. The Commissioner Afghan Refugees, KP since inception of this department is making appointment against the UNHCR budgeted positions. The appellant is not satisfied with the response of the answering public body.
In the reply it is pointed out by the Commissionerate that earlier the appellant was provided exactly the same information vide letter No. CAR/Admn/Right to Information/905-07 dated 2-12-2020 & letter No. CAR/Admn/RTI/249-5 dated 22-2-2021 in Appeal No. 725-11-2020.
The appeal is partially allowed. The Assistant Commissioner (Admn), , Commissionerate of Afghan Refugees is directed to provide the appellant the remaining information/record.