The commission observed that the Ministry of Planning Development and Reforms has not ensured proactive disclosure of the categories of information mentioned in Section 5 of the Act.
Public Information Officer, Ministry of Planning Development and Reforms is directed to share with the Appellant the requested information about the current status of the availability of the following information on its web site within 7 working days of the receipt of this Order.
Furthermore, Secretary, Ministry of Planning Development and Reforms is directed to submit compliance report to the commission describing current availability status of the following information on the web site as well as time-frame for publication of each missing information/record on web site within 7 working days of the receipt of this Order:
- directory of the officers of the public body, containing information about total sanctioned posts, filled/vacant posts, responsibilities of officers and information about its functions and services provided by the public body;
- Act and the Rules of the public body, its regulations, bye-laws, orders and notifications;
- manuals and policies of the public body;
- relevant facts and background information relating to important policies and decisions undertaken by a public body;
- statement of policies adopted by the public body;
- criteria, standards or guidelines under which officers of the public body exercise their discretionary powers;
- terms and conditions for acquiring any license, permit, consent, approval, grant, allotment or other benefits;
- terms and conditions for all kinds of agreements and contracts;
- particulars about the recipients of any concession, permit, license or authorization granted by the public body;
- information about decision making processes of the public body and information about how citizens can provide their input to the public body;
- Detailed budget of the public body; including proposed and actual expenditures, original or revised revenue targets, actual revenue, receipts, revision in the approved budget and the supplementary budget;
- The methods for seeking information from the public body;
- Schedule of costs, developed by Pakistan Information Commission, (available on the commission’s web site) for seeking information from federal public bodies;
- name, title, E-mail and telephone number of the Public Information Officer notified under the Right of Access to Information Act 2017;
- performance reports, audit reports, evaluation reports, inquiry or investigative reports and other reports that have been finalized.
- Copies of this order be sent to Secretary, Ministry of Planning Development and Reforms, Public Information Officer, Ministry of Planning Development and Reforms and the Appellant for information and necessary action.