The Respondent, Prime Minister Secretariat is directed to provide the following requested information to the Appellant, with intimation to this commission within 7 working days of the receipt of this Order:
- “Year-wise allocated budget vs actual expenses of the Prime Minister House from 2013 to till date.
- Details of the PM House expenses in year-wise break up under all heads such as employees’ salaries, kitchen expenses, furniture expenditure, gifts, repair and maintenance, entertainment and bakery items from 2013 to till to date.
- Details of utilization of discretionary funds by the Prime Minister Imran Khan since the assumption of the office till to date?
- Details of utilization of discretionary funds by the then Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi during his tenure i.e. August 2017 to May 2018.
- Details of utilization of discretionary funds by the then Prime Minister Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif during his tenure i.e. 5th June, 2013 to 28th July, 2017
- Details of the renovation made in the Prime Minister House since 2013 to date, along with the following details, (Year wise breakup)
- List of the furniture items purchased during the said time period along with the price of each item.
- List of electronics items purchase during the said time period along with the item name, brand name, specification and price of each item since 2013 to date.”
This commission also believes that the disclosure of information will serve public interest. For example, the disclosure of requested information will shed light on whether or not the incumbent Prime Minister and his predecessors have been utilising discretionary funds. Similarly, through the disclosed information, citizens would be able to know how their taxes have been put to use for the renovation of PM House through the procurement of furniture and electronic items during the tenures of different Prime Ministers since 2013. Lastly, citizens would know about the pattern of the expenditures incurred on the running of the PM House during the tenures of different Prime Ministers since 2013.