The Right of Access to Information Act 2017 applies to a range of public bodies including:
- All Federal Government ministries (e.g. the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Law and Justice)
- Attached departments (e.g. National Highway Authority, Islamabad Capital Territory Police, Directorate General Special Education)
- Autonomous bodies (e.g. National Accountability Bureau, National University of Modern Languages, Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Capital Development Authority)
- Local governments (e.g. Tehsil Municipal Administration of Islamabad Capital Territory and Cantonment Boards)
- Statutory bodies set up under federal law (e.g. Federal Ombudsman Office, Federal Public Service Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan)
- The courts (e.g. Islamabad High Court, Federal Shariat Court, Supreme Court)
- National Assembly and Senate of Pakistan (e.g. Senate Secretariat, National Assembly Secretariat, your MNAs and Senators)
- The Prime Minister Office
- Any Board, Commission, Council or other body substantially financed by the Government.
- Special institutions, companies of the Government and NGOs that are substantially financed by the Government are also covered under the law.